Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Greetings

Greetings, greetings adventurer; you must be tired. sit, sit let us talk about what you have found.  I am the Dice Wizard and I have decided to make myself know to the outer world through tales of Pathfinder, Warhammer 30k Horus Heresy, with many a mixture of concoctions from Fantasy Flight with a little Warlord Games Bolt Action thrown in.  Today marks the first of many tales I wish to share with you.

My Name is Brado and I have been playing role playing games for about 10-15 years now.  I have played Dungeons and Dragons since 2nd edition through to and including Pathfinder.  I have also dabbled in a bit of the Fantasy Flight franchise with the likes of Dark Heresy, Only War, Death Watch and Descent to name a few.  Another favourite of mine is Shadow Run from Catalyst Games but I don't get to play that system as much anymore.

Then there are the hobby aspects I hold including Warhammer 40k and 30k, with now a new chapter with Bolt Action from Warlord Games.

In Warhammer 40k I collect the sorcerers know as the Thousand Sons, since I'm a wizard too.  They have always appealed to me back in 3rd edition 40k and since the release of 7th edition they have now come into their own with a special phase that is greatly tailored to them.

In Warhammer 30k I bring forth the speed and ferocity of the White Scars.  They were always a legion that I wanted to paint and collect due to the ability to move around the battlefield with great speed and skill. They were one of the legions that fought to have "Storm Seers"(librarians) including into legion ranks due to their great power of reading and manipulating the warp, yes magic type stuff again.  Keepy from A Galaxy In Flames first got me into playing 30k with a proxy model game where I versed his Dark Mechanicum against my "White Scars" at the time.

Onto Bolt Action which is a WWII based game with a random activation based style game play.  It is a new system that I have started to love after my first game against a friend over at A Galaxy In Flames - Spraggy.  Soon I'll have a game against Ty from The Traitor's Hand who collects as well locally.  I have started a Waffen SS German army since I have always liked the German guns and armour.

Now onto why I am know as a Dice Wizard, it is mainly from my uncanny way of rolling the number I need at the right time "most" of the time.  I do have my occasional bad days like everyone else out there but as most of my friends will agree, that is sometimes a rare event.  Wadey from A Galaxy In Flames that I should wear a wizard's hat to the next charity event we held, so I did.  Here is a link to a YouTube video that the guys from The Traitor's Hand have put together.  This was a fund raising event called Like A Sir.

Well that's enough from me,  Now get out before I turn you into a newt.

No comments:

Post a Comment